Toyota Safety Sense
Toyota Safety Sense in Calgary, Alberta
Always pushing the envelope in terms of performance, design, and safety, Toyota is the premier manufacturer when it comes to advanced driver assistance and safety features. This can be found in every vehicle, thanks to the standard set of Toyota Safety Sense features. Found in a variety of packages and systems, read on with Calgary’s Stampede Toyota to learn more about Toyota’s revolutionary TSS systems!
Toyota Safety Sense Packages
Toyota Safety Sense is available in a range of different packages, with most of their individual features listed below.
The TSS-C system is the basic Toyota Safety Sense package, including the following features:
- Pre-Collision System
- Automatic High Beam
- Lane Departure Alert
TSS-P builds on the features found in the TSS-C system, while adding:
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
More advanced yet, TSS 2.0 takes the features found in TSS-C and TSS-P, adding the following features to improve on frontal collision avoidance among other safety concerns:
- Pre-Collision System with a Day and Low Light Pedestrian function as well as Day Bicycle Detection
- Lane Departure Alert adds on Road Edge Detection
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control sees enhanced forward recognition and improved acceleration and deceleration added
New for 2021, the TSS 2.5+ system adds even more upgrades to Toyota’s comprehensive safety features package, including new features like:
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Pre-Collision (including both Intersection Support & Emergency Support Assist)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (including Curve Speed Management)
Toyota Safety Sense Systems
It’s all well and good to tell you what features are found in the different packages, but what about their actual usage and impact in each package?
- TTS-C: By alerting you to potential collisions, and even braking when needed, Pre-Collision helps you avoid accidents on the road.
- TSS-P: This package simply adds pedestrian detection into the mix.
- TSS 2.0: Further protection is available, including pedestrian and daytime bicycle detection, along with daytime and low-light vehicle detection.
- TSS 2.5+: On top of all the above features, TSS 2.5+ adds intersection support and Emergency Steering Assist to the top TSS package.
Lane Departure Alert
- TSS-C: This feature alerts you when you start to drift (or depart) from your lane.
- TSS-P: The Steering Assist features provides small steering adjustments to help keep you in your lane.
- TSS 2.0: Beyond just lane markings, this level of Lane Departure Alert warns you of road edges and curbs as well.
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- TSS-P: Set, adjust, and maintain a preset distance to the vehicle ahead (from 40 km/h to 180 km/h)
- TSS 2.0: Full Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control ensures that your preset distance works from 0 km/h and up, and restarts even after a complete stop.
- TSS 2.5+: Add Curve Speed Management into the mix, slowing your vehicle around curves when necessary.
Lane Tracing Alert
- TSS 2.0: Working in conjunction with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control this feature keeps you in the centre of, and prevents drifting from, your lane.
TSS 2.5+: Add Enhanced Line & Road Recognition into the mix, and this system can provide assistance even when road markings don’t exist.
Automatic High Beam
TSS-C, TSS-P, TSS 2.0, TSS 2.5+: Found across the Toyota Safety Sense lineup, the Auto High Beam headlight system automatically changes your lights from high-beam to low-beam, based on light sensitivity sensors gauging the distance of vehicles ahead of you.
Toyota Safety Sense Feature Availability*
Toyota has staked its name on being one of the safest manufacturers on the market, which is why some level of Toyota Safety Sense comes standard on every vehicle across our model lineup. You can explore which vehicle comes with which level in the chart below:
*(Availability is subject to change depending on model year)
|Model||Standard Toyota Safety Sense package|
|Prius Prime||TSS 2.0|
|Corolla Hatchback||TSS 2.0|
With some of the smartest advanced safety technology on the market today, Toyota Safety Sense systems provide exceptional and unparalleled peace-of-mind every time you set foot behind the wheel of your Toyota. Of course, this is all in addition to the incredible efficiency, performance capabilities, and stylish design of the vehicles in the Toyota vehicle lineup. To learn more about any of these vehicles, our new and used inventories, or to learn about the stellar vehicle servicing, financing, and selection of manufacturer-approved parts you’ll find at Calgary’s Stampede Toyota, simply give us a call or contact us via the form below!